Tuesday, May 19, 2009

W.I.P. - My First Portrait Commission

Just thought I'd share a little WIP shot of my latest piece. I just finished inking, and am ready to begin the coloring process.

The actual size of this piece is 10" by 18", although I scanned it with the intent of printing it larger. This is my first major piece where I've used brushes for the inking. They're a lot of fun, I would recommend them to everyone because they are just that awesome.

Also, as the title would indicate, I was commissioned to do this piece by a guy on a website I frequent. He's even paying me money for it, surprisingly. So I guess I can add "freelance illustration" to my list of jobs now, too.

2 comments:

MT said...

Looks good!
As always, every subsequent piece you post is an improvement on the last.

I like the idea a lot. And the debris from the palm trees is a nice touch. My only suggestion is to add some shading or heavier lines. As of now, it still looks like an outline.

Keep at it!

McThrill said...

All shading is goig to be done with color, similar to the horse piece I posted last. Thanks for the compliments!