Sunday, March 28, 2010

Speak and Spit


Hannah tossed out the idea of going to the zoo and doing some life drawing of the animals there. Anybody else interested? As far as I know, El Paso has the nearest zoo. Here's a link, and admission prices:
Adult (13-61)$5, Senior (62+)$4, Child (3-12)$3

In other news, welcome to Angelina and Heather as new members of Pencil Pals aka Steam Machines aka Caligula Dentata!



Quick watercolor and ink. I've been looking at a lot of inspiring blogs lately, maybe too many. But here are my favorites:

FFFFOUND!
DETHJUNKIE
This isn't Happiness
Them Thangs
Morbid Anatomy

These are all great sources for interesting photos to leech some ideas from. Most of them feature NSFW content, so beware!

Turn off that TV/computer/significant other/life and fucking DRAW GODDAMMIT!

Remember, if at first it seems that work is overwhelming, if it seems that it can't be done, keep in mind that

YOU ARE GOING TO DIE.

3 comments:

Hannah McGill said...

I am busy the first two weekends in April, so if we could do this the third weekend, I would really appreciate that! :D

McThrill said...

That watercolor is really good, man.

Third weekend in April would also work really well for me.

Also, this is the first I have heard about Caligula Dentata being one of our names, I would appreciate being kept informed of potential alternate names thank you very much.

MT said...

Sounds good.

Start making plans for the third weekend of April then.