Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Con-Job Mega Update #2

James and McThrill have been mentioning this for a while now, and I finally checked it out last night. The 40 Worst Rob Liefeld Drawings. Read it now. It boggles my mind that this guy could ever get a job doing anything with a pencil. Some important dates to remember: El Paso Anime Con Saturday, April 12th, 2008: Start of Participation Invitations extended via e‐mail Saturday, May 24th, 2008: Deadline for all Invitation Acceptances Saturday, May 31st, 2008: All signed Contracts & Payments due Saturday, May 31st, 2008: All preliminary Portfolio Reviews due Saturday, June 7th, 2008: Mandatory Participant Orientation & Final Portfolio Review EPAC08 will be held from Friday, June 13 to Sunday, June 15 in the Union East Building of The University of Texas at El Paso. Here's the Artists' Alley Information Packet. San Diego Comic Con PREVIEW NIGHT WED, JULY 23 6PM - 9PM Open only to pre-registered 4-day attendees and professionals THU, JULY 24 - SAT, JULY 26 9:30AM - 7PM With additional late-night hours for programming, anime, games, film showings, etc. SUN, JULY 27 9:30AM - 5PM I bet their myspace page is updated often, so check it out Also, a fast facts page. More updates soon!

2 comments:

Mitchell Mohrhauser said...

Thanks for all the info. I don't think i'll be able to make it to SDCC, but i will be goin to the EPAC, do any of you guys have a table for your art? also is the meeting tonight at VI?

MT said...

I just got an email from EPAC saying that the pricing has changed, but is in our favor.

We need to get together tonight to discuss who's going to go. I already mailed a signed contract (turns out the deadline is the 31st) and we are have space available to us.
I am going for sure, James and Ninja sounded interested. But we must keep in my mind that the more people go, the more money it's going to take to attend.
Anybody can email me and I'll fill you in on what's happened so far.