Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Matthieu Bessudo

I realize that the main point of this blog is to share our own work, but I think it's also a good idea to share information about other artists who inspire us or who have a really exemplary body of work. That being said, I came across this illustrator through another blog that I read. His full name is Matthieu Bessudo, but he goes by the moniker McBess online. I find his style to be pretty awesome. He obviously takes a lot of liberties with his figure drawing, but it's pretty apparent that the exaggerations (like the Olive Oyl bendy arms everyone seems to have) are intentional. They make for very expressive poses, as well. If you poke around his website, you'll find quite a few images and comics. The hand-lettering on the comics is particularly awesome. He is an animator as well as an illustrator, and his demo reel is embedded below. Also, you'll find a few links to his website, and a link to the Desktop Wallpaper Project on the Kitsune Noir blog, which is where I found out about McBess. The Kitsune Noir link has a couple of really awesome high-res wallpapers. http://www.mcbess.com/ http://kitsunenoir.com/blog/dwp/

No comments: