Sunday, September 28, 2008

Arizona doodles

I was in Arizona this weekend, visiting my parents. I don't recommend visiting Arizona, it's full of bugs.

This guy was just chilling at a rest stop just across the border. He's pretty much life-size in this image. Everywhere I looked at this rest stop, there were locusts and bees. I saw at least three different species of locusts. There might have been more than one kind of bee, but bees freak me out so I didn't look very closely.

I drew this with a brush pen at a lake. The lake smelled like licorice for some reason, and it actually looked more like a lake than this little swampy section I drew. Once again there were tons of bugs.

And finally, i worked up Friday's drawing theme of "robot" into this guy. He loves you so much!

And here's some older drawings from a couple days ago.

2 comments:

MT said...

The second attempt at the robot looks great! A huge step above your drawings from weeks ago. Your hard work is paying off, keep at it!

It's also good to see that you were still drawing while away in Arizona. I'm not sure if I'd be able to bring out my sketchbook with my family around me.

Anonymous said...

I love the grasshopper and the robot. Robot angst, man, angst!