Friday, September 12, 2008

Steamy Sketch Dump

Not to be outdone by my contemporaries, here's some drawings from our meetings, along with selections from my sketchbook. On a somewhat related note, I took advice from James (who has yet to show off his skills here) and did a study on some of my favorite artists at the moment. By looking closely at their drawings and copying some cool pieces exactly, your brain seems to absorb some of the artist's power, the lawful equivalent of devouring their heart. No joke, I took a few of Jamie Hewlett (Tank Girl, Gorrilaz) and Mike Mignola (Hellboy) and virtually traced their drawings, and the next day, my drawings improved. I highly recommend this exercise, it made me a true believer, true believers. Also, I completely forgot to bring those CD's with pictures from our trip to Comic Con to our last meeting. I'll be sure to get those to you guys as soon as possible. Ninja claims to have more, so there will possibly be a different version of the CD coming. A 2.0 version.

No comments: