Sunday, September 14, 2008

peek a boo..

Why hello there. Looks like you guys are improving a lot, at least the lot of you that show your stuff in here. Hope you guys have some new and exciting things going with your artwork. I've been damn busy, but its been the best time of my life. Everybody is so passionate about art, and video games. The talent is overwhelming, but hey it makes you that much better! This is just the tip of the iceberg, something I did in my freetime a few days ago. I actually dont get around to doing a lot of personal digital stuff, it's mostly just been sketching in my book, and little brush tests here and there, this peice started out as a brush test, also a little inspired by Rembrandts paintings and the way he uses light and colors. Anyway, hope you are all doing well, and still drawing like mad men.

2 comments:

MT said...

What's up Mitch! It's good to hear from you again, I thought you had forgotten about us small timers here.
Looks like you've improved too, the textures you've put on this guy are really good, even the wall behind him is interesting to look at.

Yeah, I think we all have put in a little extra time and effort in our drawings to try to keep up. Good to hear that it's not all for naught.

McThrill said...

Hey mitch! Good to hear from you again! I'm glad to know that you're having a good time down in Florida.

I think you're on the right track with that painting, because the first thing I thought when I saw it was "reminds me of Rembrandt."

If you have time, I would love for you to scan and post some stuff from your sketchbook.

That reminds me - you still owe mee a sketch, dammit! You went and moved before you gave me one!